Artist BioKyle Paxton is a true artist in every sense of the word. Art has been an integral part of Kyle’s life for as long as he can remember. He’s been “creating something new” since he was a very young boy. Both visual art and music make up his DNA. Whether expressing himself on canvas or a musical instrument, both are equally important.
His faith is evident with every artistic endeavor. His message is that God loves us and our talents. God is not boring. God is passionate, creative, imaginative and generous.
Kyle began studying art through advanced classes in high school. A 2010 graduate from Belmont University, He received a degree in studio art with a music minor. He studied art in Florence Italy and in Japan. He worked closely with renowned artist Anton Weiss as his apprentice for 7 months. Kyle has received numerous awards and recognition for his unique voice in art.
Kyle began studying music at a young age. His first instrument is Piano. He grew up composing music influenced by many styles including classical, jazz, blues, and gospel. After receiving his hammered dulcimer as a gift in 2006 he has never been the same. His love for playing the dulcimer is undeniable. Although he enjoys traditional dulcimer music, his musical background and passion for creating ” a new song ” has led him to naturally develop his own unique style. He now performs and composes for the dulcimer and is very excited to introduce others to this heavenly instrument.
Blending music and art is also part of Kyle’s unique voice in the arts. He recently exhibited his series of paintings entitled “Life To Life” incorporating original dulcimer music. This blend draws the viewer and listener into an atmosphere of pure worship. Kyle gives God all the glory for his talents. He is grateful for the opportunity to share his art and music with the hope of revealing the love of God for them and to inspire.
- 2011 – Apprenticeship with Anton Weiss: local Nashville painter and sculptor whose done work since the 60’s. Developed professional skills and experience in the Art business.
- 2010-2011 – Japanese Tour: Experienced Japanese Culture and arts. Studied Nihon-ga (Japanese style Painting), Sumi- e (Japanese Ink Drawing), and Sugi (Japanese Caligraphy) through University and travel.
- 2010 – Belmont University Nashville, TN | Bachelor of Fine Arts – Major in Studio Art (Painting Emphasis) & Minor in Music. Cum Laude
- 2009 – Study in Florence, Italy | Advanced Drawing and a Renaissance Art History
- Painting: Acrylic | Oil | Watercolor
- Drawing: Pencil | Color Pencil | Pastel | Pen & Ink
- Sculpture: Woodcarving | Wood building | Metal
- Printmaking: Screen Printing | Monotype | LinoleumBlock
- Clay: Hand building | Sculpting | and Throwing Wheel
- Digital: Photoshop | Pixelmator
- 2012 – Rabbit Hole Creative: Contracted as storyboard artist, character designer, and scale model builder. Involved with creative and visual direction for animation. Worked with clients such as Hyundai, Telemundo, and Bassnectar.
- Best of Show and People’s Choice Award at Springhouse Gallery, Smyrna, TN | 2011
- Visionary Award From Springhouse Gallery, Smyrna, Tennessee | 2010
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee Visual Arts Scholarship
- Belmont University Dean’s Advisory Council for College of Visual and Performing Arts